Digital Marketing Series: Claim Your Place on Google
29 January 2015 ,Thursday
Welcome to the next part in our ongoing digital marketing series! This week we’ll discuss the simplest and most important thing you can do to help your online marketing if your business has a physical location – claiming your place/business on Google.
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan
- How to Find the Right Social Media Platform for Your Business
- Always Complete Your Social Media Profile
Why is claiming your business on Google so important?
This is the first and easiest way for your business to be found on Google. When someone searches for your business – or your type of business – on Google, you’ll be listed on the first page of the Google search.
Think of it like a free yellow pages ad for the internet. Searchers can see your business location, phone number, hours of operation, website, and even reviews.
Setting it up is easy. Follow these steps:
- Go to Google Places – www.google.com/places.
- Find your business by phone number. There’s a chance Google has already created a place for your business.
- Add your basic information. Fill out everything.
- Add your business hours.
- Add photos and videos. Use your best photos to highlight your business.
- Add additional information. The more you add, the more you’re helping yourself with SEO. Those terms you add for your business will help you be found later.
- Submit and wait for your confirmation code.
Google will review your information and send you a postcard in the mail to your physical location with a confirmation code. Once you receive the card and the code, enter it in your profile under Google Places, and now your business is live on Google.
This may sound like a simple step to take in your digital marketing plan, but it’s an important one. Your Google Place will help customers find you in your local area with one quick Google search.
If you need help getting your digital marketing plan off the ground or building your business in an online world, contact us today. We specialize in business-building.